These are the final programs released on the-link-king.com. They are made available here with permission of the original author. We cannot provide any support or warranty for these materials.
- Windows SAS 9.X users should use Link King v9.0 LinkKingv9pt0.zip
- Linux / Unix SAS 9.X users should use Link King v6.5 for Unix Link_King_for_Unix_Linux.zip
- Windows SAS v8 users should use Link King v6.3.43 for SASv8 Link_king_for_SASv8.exe
Files and support materials
- Link King Demo Video Link_King_Demo_video.zip
- Link King user manual v5.2.4 user_manual.zip
- User Manual Addendum for V6.0 Link_King_Edit_Features.pdf
- Original SAMHSA SAS Code saspgms.zip
- SAMHSA Monograph Zip file SAMHSA.zip
- Link King Screensaver LK_Screensaver.exe
- SAS Double Metaphone Macro SAS_double_metaphone.zip
3/9/18: Optimized blocking and updated linking algorithm.
Create a “C:\Link King” directory
Download LinkKingv9pt0.zip (The Link King v9.0 for SAS) and unzip into C:\Link King
For 64-bit installations copy “Summon Link King 64” (shortcut) to desktop.
You should be able to launch The Link King by double-clicking the shortcut.
If The Link King was not installed in c:\Link King or the shortcut does not work:
a) modify the properties of the shortcut and/or lk_config_64.cfg (for 64 bit)
b) Launch SAS and run the following code in a program editor to launch The Link King:
libname undup 'C:\link king'; dm 'Af c=undup.undup_frames_64bit.intro.frame';
After launch, close the explorer/results windows on the left side of the screen and maximize The Link King interface.
4. For 32-bit/Unix installations
a) After completing #2 (above), unpack the SAS transport file undup_frames.cpt:
libname output 'y:\buzz\delete'; /* change the path to the location where you want to save undup_frames for the link king */ filename input 'y:\buzz\delete\undup_frames.cpt'; /* change the path to where you downloaded undup_frames.cpt */ proc cimport infile=input lib=output; run;
NOTE: you must delete the undup_frames catalog before unpacking the transport file.
b) See if the “Summon Link King 32” shortcut works.
If not, modify the properties of the “Summon Link King 32” shortcut and/or lk_config_32.cfg
Launch SAS and run the following code in a program editor to launch The Link King:
libname undup 'C:\link king'; dm 'Af c=undup.undup_frames.intro.frame';
After launch, close the explorer/results windows on the left side of the screen and
maximize The Link King interface.